19/09/2013

Bling

(part 2 - or maybe Time travel, part 2)

The reason I went to Town was the Gaultier retrospective. There are many, many (better) pictures out there on the 'net, but these are the things that I will remember. (Again out of focus, but flash wasn't allowed. I, unlike some, respected that)

First impression: you can bling just about anything, crutches included:




Second came attention to detail:

(I like the Swedish text better - it says nothing about painted and printed)
Another fantastic detail - a tartan that is not (click to enlarge):


(There was also a leopard skin mantle that on closer inspection turned out to be embroidered of seed beads. I guess it would be way out of my budget, but also way gentler on the leopards...)

Another idea, possible (probably?) inspired by the London Pearlies

All (all!) the white blobs are m-o-p buttons, graded in size... (did I mention "attention to details"?)

An original upcycling idea: what you can do with all your old (analoguos) films, and all those old and worn measuring tapes:


At the exit, there was an opportunity to try on a Real Gaultier Outfit (I know I was there, so it must be me!):


Now I have may blinging ideas.... watch this space!
But before that: the water spout:

(Yes, you have seen it before, from another angle)

2 comments:

Laura Fry said...

Jealous!
Cheers
Laura

Kerstin på Spinnhuset said...

Well, I told you I would make you drool :-)
(And it has been in your country earlier, albeit in Montreal - the perspectives of "country" and "distance" comes under "cultural differences", which I sometimes use as a(nother) label?)